These were mine…
10. To be healthy overall.
9. To be a mentor of healthy choices for my family.
8. To get second looks when walking down the street.
7. To avoid diabetes.
6. To feel good about myself when I look in a mirror.
5. To have the freedom to shop in any store for clothes.
4. So I can be seen in a bathing suit and not feel shame.
3. So I can take pole dancing lessons.
2. More sex in every position possible!
And the #1 reason:
So that I can be proud on behalf of my husband when we are out together in public.
And you know what? I have met every single one of them, and I live them every day. I am so proud of myself. I wrote this list when I was at 200lbs, and it didn’t seem real that I could actually do this. I posted this on the inside of the mirror in my bathroom medicine cabinet. Every day I see it. I don’t READ it every day, but once in a while it catches my eye again. And it makes me smile.
Oh, and guess who owns a dance pole. *eyebrow wiggle*